Burleigh House recognises that our staff are our most valuable resource in the provision of high quality care and we are fully committed to staff development through training and support.
We employ a caring and dedicated staff that are committed to the children at Burleigh House. Our staff are selected not only on the basis of qualifications, professionalism and experience, but also have a genuine love of children.
The Nursery is led by the Manager (Dawn Cromwell), supported by the Deputy Manager (Emma Hart) and fourteen Nursery Nurses. Staff hold relevant child care qualifications, are all DBS checked and hold first aid certificates.
Other training is undertaken according to the specific needs in the different areas of the nursery. The children’s food is cooked fresh on site by our cook, who (together with several other members of staff) holds a Food Hygiene Qualification.
We have a very low turnover of staff with two members of staff working at the nursery for over 17 years.
- 1 staff to 3 children aged 0-2 (Baby Room)
- 1 staff to 4 children aged 2-3 (Toddler Room)
- 1 staff to 8 children aged 3-5 (Preschool Room)
Courses our staff have attended In the past 12 Months
- Making music fun
- Basic welsh
- Child protection
- Mathematics planning in the Foundation Phase
- ICT for early years
- Integrating multicultural development into the curriculum
- Well being at the heart of the Foundation Phase
- Foundation Phase RE
- Mark making to writing
- Early literacy behaviour to reading
- Developing multicultural understanding in the Foundation Phase
- Administration of ‘teaching talking’, emerging language records
- Special educational needs co-ordinator training
- Experiential learning, ready for the Foundation Phase
- Child development in the Foundation phase
- Additional educational needs
- Developing Role Play in the Foundation phase